Alpha 360 Degree Assessment
Boost Productivity and Employees Engagement
The best leaders, managers, and employees make the most of their strengths and work to improve upon their shortcomings. To do this, they must first have a clear and realistic understanding of what their strengths and shortcomings are.
Participating in a 360 Degree Assessment is a powerful way for employees to obtain this understanding and for a department to show that it supports employee development.
360 Degree Assessment
Research has demonstrated that 360 degree assessment can provide superior performance data, promote participant’s self-awareness and facilitate behavioural change.
More than 85% of Fortune 500 companies use 360 degree assessment as a central part of their leadership development process.
What is 360 Degree Assessment?
360 Degree Assessment is a tool that can be used to measure an employee’s strengths and development needs. The measures of an employee’s strengths and development needs through feedback provided by the employee and his/her supervisor, colleagues, direct reports, and customers. The employee also completes a self-assessment, which gets compared with the other feedback.
The Self-Awareness Indicator provides a way for you to compare your own self-ratings to your raters on the critical competencies measured by the 360 degree system.
The scores for all your raters are averaged together and are compared to your own self-ratings and graphically displayed in one of the four shown quadrants.
Competency Frameworks for 360 Degree Assessment
Competency frameworks provide the foundation to any successful 360 Degree Assessment programme.
In our 360 Degree Assessment you can use either our standard competencies, or customise a set of competencies for your organisation.
Whichever route you choose, you can align the tool with your competencies and ensure that it evaluates the competencies that are important to your organisation’s success.
Our standard competency framework outlines 12 competencies grouped into four broad areas, each includes three competencies as shown below.
Alpha’s Standard Competency Framework
- Continuous Development
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Customer Service
- Results Focus
Benefits of 360 Degree Assessment
360 Degree Assessment is a valuable development tool which aids the improvement of individual performance and contributes to increased managerial effectiveness shortly after intervention. 360 Degree Assessment process is designed to assist you, your team and your organisation in professional development.
For the individual
- Help the person understand his or her own personality from an outsider’s perspective
- Gain deeper insight into how work behaviour is perceived by others with whom they work
- Development needs are revealed
- Provide an opportunity to find out the opinions of the people they work with and compare them with their own opinion
- Improve the dialogue between Employee and manager
- Encourage increased self awareness and a focus on personal development
For the team
- Increase communication between team members
- Support teamwork by involving team members in the development process
- Improve team work, by raising awareness of how others perceive individuals as a contributor to the group.
For the organisation
- Better career development for employees
- Improves customer service by having customers contribute to evaluation
- Provide employees with a better understanding of their strengths and weaknesses
- Involve people with different perspectives, in different roles and at different levels
- Provide a fair and transparent process that will encourage an open culture that values feedback
- Help identify top performers