DISC Assessment System
A powerful tool used worldwide in dozens of training, organisational development and performance improvement
What is DISC?
DISC is a behavior assessment tool based on the DISC theory of psychologist William Moulton Marston, which centers on four different personality traits which are currently Dominance (D), Influence (I), Steadiness (S), and Conscientiousness (C).
- DISC is one of the most successful and widely used personal and professional development instruments ever created. It is a powerful tool that is easy to understand and helps simplify the complexity of human behaviour.
- Behavioural research suggests that the most effective people are those who understand themselves and those around them. This understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses, coupled with the ability to identify and understand the strengths and weaknesses of others, allows one to develop strategies to meet the demands of the environment.
Common Uses of DISC
- Leadership Development
- Training and Development
- Career development
- Team Building
- Recruitment and selection
- Family and relationship
- Customer Service Training
- Employee Engagement
- Sales Training
- Conflict Resolution
DISC Dimensions of Behaviour provide a non-judgmental language for exploring behavioural issues across four primary dimensions:
There is no right, wrong, or best style. The profile only describes how one does things (behaviour).
DISC Behavioural Styles
A knowledge of behavioural styles assists in understanding an individual and how he or she relates to others.
Using the knowledge obtained from the DISC personality assessment, people will have a better understanding of their own actions, that of their colleagues and customers, as a result of which people will understand one another better. They will meet each other’s personal needs more, so that conflicts can be avoided or reduced. This provides a basis for trust and effective cooperation.
The DISC Behaviour Assessment can be used for various reasons: from personal development and leadership training to recruitment & selection and profile reports.
It is a tool that enables management to take effective decisions that will provide benefits across a range of business functions.
DISC can help employees at all levels:
- understand their own behaviour
- learn how and when to adapt their behaviour
- improve communication
- promote appreciation of differences
- enhance individual and team performance
- reduce conflict
PROFESSIONAL Benefits of DISC
- Gain insights for hiring and HR
- Reduce stress (stress management)
- Identify strengths
- Get better results with people
- Unlock your leadership potential
- Improve team building and boost team performance
- Improve communication
- Gain access to online tools for individuals and teams
- Be more productive
- Become a better manager through understanding
- Learn to “read people” better
- Get career direction and alignment
PERSONAL Benefits of DISC
- Improve relationships through understanding
- Quickly identify personality traits in others
- Success with relationships
- Develop amazing people skills
- Obtain strategies on minimising conflict
- Identify positive traits of ANY person
- Reduce the time required to get to know any person
- Learn how to encourage and connect with others
- Gain access to fun and interactive resources to learn about personality styles
- Personal development
- Be more motivated